National Database of the Particulars, Categorization and Classification of Federal Contractors and Service Providers
Terms & Conditions
Search for Contractors
Manage Completed Jobs in MDA
View Completed Jobs for CCSPs
View Completed Jobs for Prospective (TEMP) CCSPs
Verify IR Report
Processing, Please Wait ...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why should I register with the BPP Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers?
2. Who should register?
3. What if I do not register?
4. Do foreign contractors have to register?
5. Are suppliers and manufacturers required to register?
6. Are joint ventures required to register?
7. What is the first thing I should do if I am considering applying to register with the BPP?
8. When do I need to register as a contractor?
9. How does registration affect my ability to do business with Government?
10. What are the criteria required to register with BPP?
11. Do I need to take any special classes or tests before I register?
12. Will the BPP acknowledge receipt of my application?
13. How will I know if my application is approved?
14. Is the registration required to bid for a contract?
15. What is the deadline to become registered?
16. If my application is not approved, can I get to register afresh?
17. My BPP registration was confirmed as is up to date, yet it does not appear in the BPP search page results.
18. How do I renew my registration and is there a fee?
19. What happens if a contractor fails to renew registration before it expires?
20. How do we check our applications?
21. What is the procedure if there are any changes in company particulars?
22. Does being registered guarantee that my company will receive contracts from the Government?
23. Can my company’s Registration be revoked?
24. Do I have to reside in Nigeria to get and keep my registration?
25. Does BPP recognize contractors' licenses issued by other states or countries?
26. What happens if I bid for contract without a BPP registration?
27. Do I need to be concerned about Workers' Pension Fund?
28. Do I need to be concerned about Corporate Affairs Commission?
29. Do I need to be concerned about payment of Tax?
30. Will a conviction for a criminal offense prevent a person from being licensed as a contractor?
31. What is Categorisation and how will my company be categorized?
32. What are the categories involved?
33. Can a contractor be in more than one category?
34. What if a contractor’s specialty in not part of the categories listed?
35. What is Classification and how will my company be classified?
36. What are the different classes in contractor classification?
37. What kind of experience is required for a contractor to be classified?
38. May I substitute any education, technical training, or apprenticeship training for the required experience?
Any false declaration and submission could lead to prosecution, debarment and disqualification for 10 years from public procurement in line with the provisions of section 58 of PPA, 2007.
© 2012 The Bureau of Public Procurement | Contractor Registration System. All Rights Reserved.